Tuesday 24 February 2009

Lost

Losing someone you love forever is never an easy thing to cope .. losing family, lover, close friends to death are very difficult. I've never lost anyone so close to me before *touch wood*, apart from my grandpa back in 1998 when I was in Aussie .. but I wasn't that close to him, so the feeling of losing wasn't so bad.

I have 2 close friends since back in Kindergarten, though we don't get in touch regularly anymore but our family have known each other since then, so the connection always there . All of us grew up together and our moms saw us growing up too ..

Last Oct, one of them lost her mom -- it was a sudden death which shook all of us up. It was another normal morning for her, after finished her morning cooking, she told someone at home that she was tired and gonna take a short nap and that was the nap of forever -- she never wake up since. When I received the call, I thought it was a joke .. but who would joke about someone's parent death? She was 1 month away of turning 60 ..

Yesterday, another sad news -- my other friend's mom passed away after her fight of long illness. She has been suffering with cancer for almost 4 years, but these last 2 months were the worst. The cancer has spread all over her body. I guess we have seen this coming just didn't expect it will come this fast. No matter how ready the families are in losing her, they never really ready by heart .. I went to pay my respect last night, all of the children and the father looked very strong in appearance, but I know deep down, it's really hard to accept the fact that she is gone .. though it's for the better rather than seeing her suffer and in continous pain.

Big condolonces for both of you and your family .. be strong. Your moms are happy now in the Hands of God. Tante Margareth and Tante Yung Cu .. you are both deeply missed. I'll keep you in my prayers.

We all know that people will die eventually, whether 'cos of old age, sickness, accident, or just something .. our age and our life are in the Hands of God. So while we are still alive, let's do good and always keep the faith. God bless!

No comments: