Monday 23 February 2009

Busway - Trans Jakarta

Busway is the most recent transportation development which is hoping to reduce the Jakarta's traffic. Corridor 1 to 7 has been implemented for quite sometimes and it has quite successful reducing the traffic in CBD area -- it's been running for about 2 to 3 years .. sadly it doesn't go to my office area. So I still struggle with bad public transportation everyday.

Honestly I praise the existence of Busway, 'cos it has its own lane and we don't need to go with the normal lane of traffic, full with motorcycles, private cars and other public transportations. Long distance can be reached in no time.

Corridor 8, connecting Harmoni to Lebak Bulus was planned about 2 years ago .. and yes this covers my office area so I was very happy when the lane was built, the only thing is the bus stop is quite far from my office, but it doesn't matter 'cos I can get to exercise anyway :).

After being postponed for over a year, it finally run last weekend and today is my first time taking this new route (I ride busway for other route quite often) -- to accommodate the full route from Harmoni to Lebak Bulus, it needs 45 buses, but so far only 25 buses running to accommodate almost 30km distance .. crazy as it sounds but it's true!


- fancy bus? Don't believe everything you see,
it doesn't look like this at all -

The thing about this Busway, it suppose to come every 8-15 minutes top, which means I don't have to wake up too early to wait for the uncertain normal bus I take every day. So this morning I woke up 1 hour later than usual, taking things slow and enjoying the morning. But it turns out, I had to wait for almost 30 mins and once inside the bus, it was amazingly packed, I couldn't even move and more people keep pushing to get it. On the road, the bus still have to join the traffic 'cos the several lanes share with normal road. Once I came out from the bus, I sweat like I've just finished a marathon :(

So much for excitement .. I'm returning with public transportation starting tomorrow, at least until the full 45 buses are running -- don't know when exactly.

No comments: