Friday 31 October 2008

halloween birthday

Halloween -- cool ey? Even ghosts have their special celebration :) But same as Thanksgiving, Halloween is more of American celebration, I don't think any other countries celebrate it as big as the Americans, though it's kinda fun and cool having few friends gather and dress up like 'famous' ghosts character and give little treats to kids. But if we have to dress up like 'local' ghosts, that would be entirely too scary ^o^.

Other than that, today is my best friend's birthday. He is not a birthday celebration kind of guy, he likes to keep his birthday quiet and just pretend nothing's going on. I called him up this morning and as I've guessed it, none of his office friends know that it's his birthday today and he intends to keep it low-key .. oh well, what can I say. For what I remembered, I think we only celebrated his birthday once, when he turned 21.

We've been friends for 11 years now, I think he might be my longest non-Indo friend from uni, he is Taiwanese btw but has become an Australian citizen for couple of years. Since the first month I arrived in Aussie, he has become my good friend, even we both went to different major after Foundation year, we remained in touch.

Few years back, we even made a pact, inspired by the movie "My Best Friend's Wedding", by the time we reach 40 (I know it's a little bit too old, should set it earlier ^^) if none of us married, we will marry each other. But same thing like in the movie, just 2 months ago, he told me that he has proposed to his gf for 3 years to marry him .. congrats to you both. But don't worry, unlike the movie, I don't have any intention of stealing him LOL.

So anyway, happy birthday B .. hope everything works out the best for you and the future ahead you brings you lots of happiness. Hope to see you soon enough .. I'm counting down to that day :)

To those of you going for Musicman Concert in SG tomorrow -- have fun. All of you are so gonna enjoy every minutes of it .. I wish I can be there. He totally ROCKS!!!

Instead I'll be settling this weekend with Ty Pennington's new book I bought yesterday (and maybe a little pamper at the salon) and start planning on my room renovation. I love his TV show 'Extreme Make-over - Home Edition' and he is one of 2 my fave designers, 2nd to Nate Berkus from Oprah's Show. When I saw the book, no 2nd thought, I quickly bought it. He is a hunky too *grin*




Happy Halloween everybody ... have a fun thrilling weekend

No comments: