Monday 27 October 2008

DT in the house

I have been looking forward for DT's concert for a long time, even before my Taiwan trip .. not only becos he is LH's best friend but he is too a very good musician. I maybe LH's fan and I may not know the lyrics of all of his songs but it was wonderful to finally see his performance LIVE.

Six of us (from OHI) went for the concert .. we checked in to Novotel on Saturday afternoon. After settling in -- I saw Kheng Long on the way in where he went for spa, we then went to get our tickets from WProductions and I was told that DT will have rehearsal at 3pm that day.

The day before we have sent balloon arrangement to DT's room (apparently DT is allergic to flower) and we have prepared Pandan cake for DT and the crew members for some rehearsal munchy. Hope all of you them get to try some.

- balloon for DT -

At about 3:30 we headed down to Sands to pass the cake and a little gift for DT. While waiting for my organizer friend to show up, we got to hear DT's rehearsal from Sands lobby. There were few familiar songs and when we were just about to leave, DT rehearsed Jin Tian Ni Yao Jia Gei Wo .. YEY!! And I'm sure he's gonna sing Ai Hen Jian Dan, Cao Zi Ji. Looking forward for the concert badly ...

Before I left, I saw Sean (the 'master' of WProductions) -- I get to know him during our first involvement for LH's Jakarta concert in January. Talked to him a bit and request to bring Musicman to Jakarta (fingers crossed) and wish him good luck for tonight's gig.

7:30 -- SHOWTIME! Dejavu .. We bought the silver ticket as we couldn't afford the VIP ticket. The seat was rather far, but I know I'm so gonna enjoy the concert that night. I didn't even bring my camera, with the blue light stick in my hand I was so ready to have fun.

At about 8pm, the curtain went up. Familiar band members from Jamie Wilson, Kheng Long, David Tan, Jingle to Lisa and Ke Wei (the backup singers) who we known from LH's Taipei Concert were there. Only the drummer and percussion were new to us. There wasn't any opening artist like 2 sands concert I went before, it was a full 1.5 hours DT concert which was amazing. Honestly the concert was rather simple, there wasn't any dancer and DT didn't even change any clothes throughout the concert but the concert was totally awesome. His voice was stable throughout the concert and he played few instruments. And most importantly, he was great in warming up the audiences which were very quiet. True musician indeed ...

One thing about Sands concert I don't understand 'till now, why there were so many audiences like to walk around much? They simply have too much money to spend? That's not how you watch concert people. You should stay in your seat 'till the concert ends and enjoy the show. So annoying ... :(

He opened his concert with song Runaway followed by more hits such Jiu Shi Ni, Moon Over my Heard, Regular Friends and some others which (truly sorry) I don't know the titles, but they were all familiar to my ears. I think the only song I can sing from beginning to end was DT's duet or triplet (:D) with Lisa and Ke Wei - DT and Jolin's version of Jin Tian Ni Yao Jia Kei Wo. So cool!!

Throughout the concert, I could say that we screamed the loudest, we sat all the way back but we were the noisiest audiences for sure. People looked at us like we were some kind of weirdos haha .. we screamed Jamie's, Kheng Long's, David Tan's, Jingle's name and of course DT HEN PANG!!! And the fact that we weren't DT's fans .. but we got so high seeing him performing in front of us.

It was so sad that the audiences or so-called DT's fans were so passive and ignorant of the concert. The concert should have been high from the moment the artist came out to the stage .. 'till the encore part, we were the only people who screamed ENCORE and tried to get the other audiences to at least feel excited a little bit and tried to get DT out again ... but NOPE .. those rich people just sat there looking totally lost. 'till David Tan and Jamie tried to warm them up, finally they got high just towards the end of the concert .. SIGH!!!

DT sang 2 songs for Encore -- Cao Zi Ji and Ai Hen Jian Dan. Surprisingly DT interacted more with the audiences than LH did in January and thank God he spoke more English than Mandarin, so we can totally understand what he said LOL!

1.5 hours went by, I enjoyed every minutes of it. I totally lost my voice and it was totally worth it. DT is a great musician indeed ..


We wore our LovePeaceMusic tee, everyone thinks that we are DT's Fans Club -- After concert, we hooked up with Jamie and Jingle who remembered us from previous LH's concert in Taipei. We got to chat a bit with Jamie and he said that he heard us scream so loud that we should be put in front and put the rich people all the way back instead 'cos the people who sat in front were all looking lost and looked like they were not watching a concert.

- Jamie & the girls -

Jingle remembered us completely 'cos we stopped him on the street of Taipei for a picture. He then asked us for his famous high-five. Nice to see you again Jingle.

- With Jingle (my light stick glow along with the flash) -

And lastly Ke Wei who thought we were DT's fans club. When we told her that we are LH's fans, she was surprised :D We enjoy DT's music as much. She was so pretty and cool. We love you Ke Wei ..

I then texted my organizer friend to tell DT that we love the concert .. she showed my text message to DT's manager and Kheng Long, she said they both were really happy to know that :)

Day after the concert, there was a big regret in me .. Grrrr, why didn't I think of it earlier, I should have ask for DT's autograph on my CD. I brought it but yet didn't cross my mind to get it signed. I could have ask my organizer friend to get it signed .. :( I'm so sad and so regret now .. oh well what to do.

Anyway, I was told that DT's flight would be at 1pm on Sunday ... but we were so worn out by the concert, we checked out quite late and we figured DT has left. But when we reached the parking lot, Renny spotted the "usual car" was still parked nicely, so I immediately asked my organizer friend and she told me that DT hasn't left the hotel .. he was about to leave. So then we went back to the lobby and went out to our waiting spot (we saw LH left the hotel for airport on the same spot in January) -- high anticipation, 15 mins later the car came out of from the car park with Sean sitting in front and we quickly waved at DT and YES, he saw us and waved back (with a little shocking face) :D We were so happy ...

Hope you enjoy your stay DT .. looking forward for your next works.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

enjoyed reading ur blog about the Dt concert!