Wednesday 29 October 2008

the hatred of waiting

Just to start up with, I hate waiting and I don't like to make people wait .. I prefer to go earlier knowing that Jakarta's street is always in traffic and I expect people will do the same too. Thank God, all my friends are so understanding when it comes to punctuality. But that doesn't go for public transportation in Jakarta particularly.

So all of you who read my blog knows how I struggle with public transportation everyday, my office isn't located in CBD area, it's a little out of city and the transporation is really difficult. We don't have those fancy public transportation like MRT and comfortable bus to begin with, though we do have small mini buses and 'angkot' which is very old, broken and not suppose to be in use anymore ... and they can stop literary anywhere and come with no schedule -- refer to my post on "The Beauty of Public Transportation"

There is only 1 so-called comfy bus that I can take from my house straight to work -- In the morning, my mom would drop me off at the bus stop then I take the bus straight to work. In theory, the bus should come within 1/2 hour but in practice, no such thing. It's quite lucky if you can catch it within 1 hour, in order to catch the earliest bus so I can reach work on time, I have to leave home at about 6:15am the latest and I will get to work at about close to 8am depending on the traffic -- my work starts at 9pm, which means I have to wake up at least 5:30am. I went through that for about 3 years of my working days and I had enough, just too early.

Now, I get a lift from my friend to Senayan area then I take a bus number 16 to my office, which just work nicely. Normally I wait 10 to 20 mins tops for the bus, plus I can have more time in the morning, wake up later at 6:30am and have a chat with my friend along the way and clock in at work at about 8:30 to 8:45. Nice arrangement.

Today -- since rainy season has started, I don't wanna go through the hassle of changing bus after getting off from my friend's car, so I thought I try to go back to my old routine .. but instead of getting the earliest bus, I'll take the 2nd on schedule, which in theory suppose to be at 8am and I should reach the office at about 8:45am. I reached the bus stop at 7:45 this morning .. giving about 15 mins waiting time -- quite reasonable.

15 mins -- 30 mins -- finally after 45 mins of waiting endlessly, at exact time of 8:32 the bus arrived. And yes, I came in late today, clocked in at 9:10 this morning. So much for getting out of the hassle of catching the rain, I wasted so much time waiting for nothing .. SIGH!!

3 comments:

Stardreamer said...

I soooooo know what you mean!!! Hang in there, my friend...orang sabar disayang Leehom! Just hope that when we actually have and pay NPWP everything will get better (It'd better be!!!)

anett said...

Tapi apparently gue udah bayar NPWP for the last 3 years .. where did all my money go? :(

C'est Moi~ said...

net, you shouldn't trust indo time.. hahahhaha~ orang indo dimana = NGARET! :p

and your npwp money.. korup kali yah?