Tuesday 23 December 2008

Merry Christmas


So this is Christmas .. well almost ... in 3 days time, but since today is my last day of work, in case I don't get to online during the holiday, I'll just sum up it all now.

Just can't believe that it's already the end of the year again, time flies really this year, 2008 was the year I've been waiting for 'cos of the Beijing Olympic, that went pass. Then my BIG TRIP went on too, though not so much of my 2008 New Year Resolution actually came true, too many obstacles in making it real. Sadly! But anyway, as this is the holiday season, full of spirit, so it's time to look back and thinking about how you have lived your life, whether you have achieved what you wished for and how happy are you with it ..

Christmas has been and still is my favorite holiday of the year since I was a kid. Being with family, singing Christmas songs, hoping for miracle ... though I've been always dreaming of having WHITE CHRISTMAS, but it's still a dream till now. I mean face it, the only WHITE CHRISTMAS we can get is if only we go to US or Europe along with the Christmas atmosphere, decorations and the feeling. Instead I went to Australia and had HOT CHRISTMAS. But I still enjoyed 'cos the Christmas decorations were all over.

When I still believed in Santa Claus, I've never forgot to shine my shoes, prepared grass for the reindeers and some cookies for Santa -- come to think about it, it's pretty funny yet cute ;p though in some occasion, I would actually still believe in that Big Fat Old Guy, with his friendly smile and those flying reindeers :D I guess that would explain there is still a kid inside me, in fact I won't deny that there will always a kid inside of everyone.

So anyway, Christmas is not only about celebrating the joy of the Birth of Jesus Christ, but it is also an attitude, a new spirit of your life, being with your family and friends and how you reflect yourself with the spirit of the Lord. Christmas is also about letting Jesus Christ to enter your life, recognizing the fact that almost 2000 years ago, He came to this world and give His life for us, to save us. So, while you are out there celebrating Christmas, drinking, having good meal with good friends, don't forget to invite HIM and let HIM enter and be part of your life .. 'coz Christmas is HIS Birthday after all ..

This year Christmas, I hope to live my life like it's the second time around. I hope to appreciate more the time that I have while I'm still here and I hope I can do more to others. I hope there will be no more hunger, poverty and war. Let peace be with you all ... THE WORLD and hope the global economic crisis pass quickly too *grin* so I can start making plan for next year ^^

I also would like to take this opportunity to say that I'm truly sorry for everything I have done that might hurt anyone .. my family, my friends and everyone I know. Also to say thank you for being part of my life 'till this very moment in time .. to those who have touched my life so sincere and opened up my eyes to face the challenge in life to never give up and keep on trying.

And in welcoming the New Year, it's time to take few steps back from your usual perspective and take a good look, whether you have done enough, less or too much. Don't be afraid to seek for help if you think you need one .. we are all here to help each other to make this world, our life a better place to live.

As for me, I wanna live my life to the fullest, I don't know wanna regret on anything .. like this famous quote from some old local Ad, "there is always a first time in everything you do" so don't be afraid to try something new, 'coz you would end up not knowing anything if you don't try.

To one and all .. Have yourself a Merry Little Christmas. I suppose that sum up everything.
Happy Holiday everyone ...

No comments: