Friday 18 July 2008

dream holiday destination

My 8 years dream of going to China has to come to an end ... Back in year 2000 when I was participated in Sydney Olympic, the same year Beijing was announced to host the 2008 Olympic, I made a promise to myself that I'm gonna be there ... I have 8 years to earn and save money, I know I can do it.

Now 8 years later, things change. Not that I don't wanna go anymore ... but situation, condition and circumstances seem don't allow me to go. Perhaps it's not the time yet, I'm sure there will be more opportunity someday in the future. When the time comes, I'm sure it will be more meaningfull.

I'm a re-born Chinese, I'm so fascinated with Chinese culture .. I wanna explore all of China, probably it will take me 1 year to actually conquer them all and now it seems impossible. At this moment, I'm not too keen of going to Beijing, Shanghai or any other China big cities, but I'm interested more into going to China's remote places with breath-taking scenery .. Guilin, Li Jiang, Xin Jiang, Shangrila, Yunna, XiShuanBanna just to name a few.

And I'm placing Guilin as top of priority. Guilin has been a popular and famous shooting place for some Hollywood movies, such as The Painted Veil and one old movie Joy Luck Club. It has a very amazing scenery which will give you comfort feeling even by just looking at the picture. Imagine standing there and see the view with your own naked eyes ... WOW!!!

Guilin is a city in China, situated in the northeast of the Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region on the west bank of the Li River. Its name means "forest of Sweet Osmanthus", owing to the large number of fragrant Sweet Osmanthus trees located in the city. The city has long been renowned for its unique scenery.


-beautiful Guilin-

-lijiang-

-yunnan-

One simple word .. WOW!!

No comments: