Monday 22 June 2009

122 minutes of goosebumps ..

Numerous big artists like Celine Dion, Barbra Streisand, Peter Cetera, Earth Wind & Fire, Andrea Bocceli, Babyface, Kenny G, Brian McKnight ‘till the recent one Josh Groban and Michael Buble and the newest singing sensation from the Philippines - Charice had the experience of working with this cold-hand multi-talented producer, musician, pianist and not to mention singer, holding 15 grammys – David Foster .. just a simple WOW can describe this Canadian guy.

He might not be the best singer, but he indeed has written, produced, composed countless amazing songs of all time .. After the Love Has Gone, I Have Nothing, I Will Always Love You, Because You Loved Me, Tell Him, The Prayer, the phenomenal You Raise Me Up .. just to name a few. There are lots and lots more.

I’ve been a great admired of David Foster works .. he is one musical talents in this century. I think I’ve been listening to his works for as long as I can remember. Most of the songs I’m addicted to are his works. Either it was his or co-wrote by him.
Last year, he held a special concert with title of “David Foster & Friends – You’re the Inspiration” where he collaborated with few of best performances with amazing voices and I just got the hand of the DVD .. and I tell you, it was the most 122 mins of goosebumps I’ve ever had. It was only watching from the DVD, I can’t even imagine watching the real performance LIVE.



My personal highlights of the DVD are Michael Johns version of Man in Motion, Peter Cetera with his unique voice singing the medley of Hard to Say I’m Sorry, You’re the Inspiration and Glory of Love, Andrea Bocelli and Katherine McPhee version of the The Prayer (WOW!!), the duet of Michael Buble and Blake Shelton of Home and fave of all .. duet of Josh Groban and Brian McKnight singing Bridge Over Trouble Water .. just wow!!

This is definitely a MUST-SEE and MUST-OWN DVD .. you know what I’m talking about when you see all these performances. It was breath-taking and seriously non-stop goosebumps. I’ve watched it twice over the weekend, but still I can’t stop my hair from rising up! It was that good!!

Other than releasing this DVD, he also wrote his auto-biography called “Hit Man: 40 years Making Music, Topping the Charts and winning Grammys” .. so make sure to check out your nearest book stores and CD shops for some goosebumps of the century *grin*

I hope one day Lee Hom gets to work and collaborate with David Foster .. somehow, someway, SOMEDAY!! When that happens, it’s gonna be frickin’ awesome! :D Maybe I should put that on my wish list … please Lee Hom and David, hear my voice! ;p

Personal Note: the album was mixed by Mick Guzauski who happened to did LH's last few albums .. maybe he can put good words about LH to David Foster ... hmmm, so hoping that will happen .. SOON!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

my dad has this DVD! have not watched it though...

anett said...

you should .. it's amazing. I've watched it 3 times since the weekend :D