Tuesday 13 March 2012

Strangers, Again

This is one of the short films by Wong Fu Productions that touched my heart and I totally can relate to.

In life, we met people - start as a stranger, be friend, fall in love, share special moments, fight, break up and back to be a strangers, again. It happens to every human being .. it's natural. Some people after they break up, they can stay as friends, some become just acquaintances, but a lot of the time they prefer to become strangers .. though they may keep the fondest memories, they may remember those happy moments every now and then, but they prefer to be strangers 'cos that would be the easiest way.

Philip Wang delivered this simple story in life beautifully. Please do watch it and I'm sure you can somehow relate to it.

"Every relationship goes through stages. Where and how each stage develops is ultimately up to each person. While we always hope for the best, we often can't avoid the inevitable."

Read here for some director's commentary on the project.


My fave quote of this project is when Marissa asked Josh what happen if they're not together anymore, and Josh wisely said
"I think that if life separates us and we end up in totally different places, we’ll always remember when our paths aligned for this period of time and I’ll be thankful for that. And I hope that wherever you are, you’ll be thankful, too. And I think that’s the best we can wish for."

And of course, Phil dedicated this video to his strangers in his life ... "this video is dedicated to those strangers in my life. To you, you, you and you. I still think back often on when our paths were one, and I'm thankful. And I hope where you are (some further than others) that you are thankful too."

Thanks Phil for sharing .. even though I don't know you and you don't know me, but good to know we have something in common. I'm thankful for my strangers too ..

No comments: