Tuesday 13 March 2012

Dream and Reality

Well, this is my another entry after couple of months, I just thought of sharing my random thoughts ..

My last relationship ended long time ago, when I was younger. I had my great moments with him, it was special. But, he has moved on, we have moved on and we have somehow become a strangers. There would be only 2 contacts each year between us, my birthday and his birthday. That would be the only 2 text messages we exchange every year.

Having said that, I haven't been in one ever since and since then .. sadly to say that I've been living in a dream mostly. Picturing this perfect guy, which none in this world apparently, but yet I'm happy living in that world, knowing that I would be loved and he would never hurt me, instead he'd do anything for me 'cos he loves me to the core. Well, probably that's the reason I'm still single until now .. not that I mind, but I do want to have someone who loves for real. But since the perfect guy is so clear in my head, I don't really allow myself to open up and accept anyone come near and destroy that dream.

I keep saying that "believe that dreams do come true" .. yes, I do believe that but we have to do something to make it happen, right? But in this case, if you keep dreaming about some perfect guy that you, yourself build, you'll never with anyone for the rest of your life. Here where you have to realize that reality is important.

How long will you live in your dream and not knowing that in the real world out there, there is actually someone who is meant for you, perfect for you but not as perfect as you want it to be.

Ok, I'm blabbing now ..

My point is, you may live and keep your dreams as long as you want - it's your decision. But you have to realize what you'll be missing out in the real world. But if you can balance between dream and reality, then hopefully you're a happy person. You're doing something to make your dreams come true, but at the same time you're dreaming about something and try everything to make it real. I guess you can say that is a perfect life .. though it depends on how you see it. But I'm sure you'll be happy then :D

I'm nowhere near that apparently. I used to have big dreams when I graduated uni, but then those dreams shattered as I had to come home - as I would rather to stay in Australia. But situation, condition and circumstances didn't allow me to fight for my dreams, or maybe I was simply to chicken to act on it, I don't know .. but the decision was made.

Now, 10 years later after I came home for good, I can't say that I accomplish something big in my life. I've been working in the same company for nearly 10 years, which has nothing to do with what I studied back in uni and I already feel that it's a dead end. I don't see myself grow there. I'm still single and have no asset. Nothing seems to change dramatically about my life, as a result of being living in dreams too deep and somehow afraid to make it real 'cos "the bigger you dream, the harder you fall" and I have dreamed BIG!!

Time to act Net .. if it's not now, when? You're not getting any younger, time to make a stand and make yourself proud. The world doesn't awaits you. No one will make decision for you, but yourself. Soo plan out and reach that happiness.

Living your dream and make it happen ...

No comments: