Tuesday 22 December 2009

Memory Lane -- Wollongong Part 1

Today, I walked down on my memory lane trip to Wollongong -- the only place I can still call home.

I took the 10:21am train to Wollongong and reached there at about 12 plus. There wasn't any express train, so I took the lesser stops. I dozed off a bit during the few stops, haven't got enough sleep. So I aligned at North Wollongong station and took the free shuttle to uni -- yes there is a free shuttle now. Nice! :D

I stopped at the bus stop just outside the recreational and sport center, had a quite browse then walking through the Health and Behavioural Department and took a detour to admin building across McKinnon Building, which is the biggest lecture room in UOW. I then walked back towards the Arts Building and Communication center before finally stopping at the brand new luxury Library which is now linked to the computer lab. WOW!! It was so grand!! I went to my fave corner of the libray and took pic there.

I then continued my journey to unicenter and stopped for my memoribilia shopping at the unishop. I settled in with one tee, one short, lanyard, two bumper stickers, magnet, two pens, key chain and reuseable bag. I wanted to get the UOW graduation bear for the Bachelor of Arts, but it was sold out from last week's graduation. Sigh!! :(

After that I grabbed lunch at the unibar, which was the only one open before heading to Kooloobong .. my 'home' for 2 years. The weather was hot with a little breeze, so not bad. I went pass Hope Theater which is under construction. UOW is really expending. Not only Hope Theater is currently under construction but also the IT Building located at the entrance of uni. Awesome!

Done with the uni reminiscing, I boarded the No. 11 bus to the mall, which cost $1.80 back then, now it's $3.20. Tsk tsk! I didn't get the chance to go to Campus East, maybe tomorrow when we get the rental car, should be easier.

Will continue the blog entry later .. it's now 1am, and I still haven't packed up my stuff to move to hotel tomorrow. My family is arriving tomorrow, so no more 'ME' time ... Hope I can still enjoy my time :D

Nite everyone!

No comments: