Monday 12 January 2009

Flashback: First Encounter

Singapore, April 2006

I've never had anyone so-called an idol that I actually travelled overseas to see them, even back with F4. So this was my first ever experience travelling overseas (even just SG) to see LH.

For this trip, I flew to SG alone and would be meeting few friends up there. LH was (initially) holding autograph session for his Heroes of Earth album, but he injured his wrist for signing too many albums in Malaysia during the promo album earlier, so it was then changed to hand-shake session instead. There wasn't anything too special during the hand-shake session, it happened to fast. He didn't notice anything.

The following day, 30 April 2006 there was a fans gathering event at Junction 8, Bishan .. we were more prepared this time. I asked a friend to make small and emergency banner of Indonesia so just he could notice us.

I reached Junction 8 at around 11 plus. We waited while listening to his interview with Yes 933 FM 'till about 2pm and finally at about 3 plus, LH came up wearing red tee and jeans. The three of us got a quite good place, quite near to the stage, he saw our banner. Peifen interviewed him and he answered some of the fans' questions asked earlier. Finally it's time for fans games .. there were 2 games with fans during this gathering. The 1st one is rapping Zai Mei Bian, LH did the first one and followed by 3 other fans chosen from the crowd. I couldn't do it definitely.

The 2nd game was guessing 8 of LH's songs played by the DJ in pieces. Actually I wrote it down on the back of my sign … but I didn’t really remember what I wrote. After the whole 8 songs were played, Peifen asked who can name the whole 8 songs. Not many people raise their hands … Confidently I raised my Indonesia sign … Peifen then asked LH to pick the fans. I was sure he looked at me, and pointed at my banner, saying "Aisenodni lai de?” Peifen was confused as well, didn’t know what he was saying … they were confused, we were confused, I was confused, ‘coz I was so sure that we was looking at me and then started pointing at my sign but how come he didn't say Indonesia, then I realized I was holding it upside down and I turn it over … he then said “oh, Indonesia.” Then peifen asked to come up … ahhahha … and they were all laughing! Foolish but funny .. moment to remember.

- Aisenodni Lai De .. -


I didn’t know what was I doing, I couldn't remember all the songs I wrote down. I went up with a shaky legs, pumping heart and sweat like pig … it was hot that day. I was on the stage, LH then asked my name, and we shook hand. After that started guessing all the song. Amazingly I remembered all of them, bu ke neng cuo kuo ni, da cheng xiao ai, forever love, gai shi ying xiong, wan mei de hu dong … but I missed wei yi, and went straight to xing cuo … LH was so nice and whispered to me “wei yi” then I remembered wei yi, xing cuo and yi shou jian dan de ge. I couldn't believe it that I got them all right. I was actually holding the sign with the answer at the back, but I know I couldn’t see it ..

After it finished, Peifen then asked me whether I came to Singapore just to see him and I said yes. She also asked why I like lee hom, and I said because he’s so talented. He said “thank you, you’re so sweet!” and he shook my hand again. He gave me the posters, as the gift – I got 4 posters in total but too bad not of them were signed, and we shook hand again, 3 times in total … I actually wanna tell him about ourhome indo, but no words coming out from my mouth, I was speechless!!


Up 'till now, I've close-encountered with him 4 times ... and yet still can't get myself right when I'm with him. When I'm in front of him, all of sudden I can't speak English well, foolish act and most of the time, SPEECHLESS! But it's ok .. I think everyone tends to act foolish in front of their idol LOL.

More encounters to come ..

No comments: