Thursday 29 January 2009

Chinese or Australian?

I haven't blogged for quite a while .. it's almost the end of January and I only have less than 10 entries. I'll keep up in the next month. I've been so lazy this month and don't have the urge to do anything .. sigh!!

So anyway, we have just celebrated Chinese New Year on 26 January .. entering the OX year. So Happy Niu Year people.

Last week, my Aussie's buddy at work asked me "will you be celebrating Australia Day or Chinese New Year on Monday?" Well, 26 January is also Australian Day .. and he considered me as "half-Australian" -- 'cos we talked heaps heaps of stuffs about Australia .. and most of my closest friends know that I'm still pretty much Australian in some way .. I didn't connect with my Chinese-ness until I got back from Australia, so I was more into Australian than Chinese.

I was never really proud of being Indonesian plus I'm not even pure Indonesian .. and obviously I'm not Australian but I still sometime calls Australia HOME and Chinese -- well, I'm a New-Born Chinese and yes I'm proud of being one now ..

So what does that make me? I'm Indonesian by nationality and law, I'm Chinese by blood and I'm Australian in heart .. just leave it at that for now -- when I figure out later, I'll definitely tell you :D

2 comments:

Unknown said...

that's a great description of yourself!

anett said...

haha yeah .. confusing me! :)