Tuesday 24 June 2008

NKOTB fever

Who doesn't know the New Kids on the Block? They were like the first boyband ever in the music industry. I'm sure all the people, specially girls back in late 80s to early 90s era know these 5 boys hailed from Boston, Massachusetts -- Jonathan, Jordan, Joe, Donnie and Danny ... they were everywhere. They made the world nuts with their gorgeous looks, songs and dance, with their songs like Please Don't Go Girl, Step by Step, Hangin' Tough and I'll be Loving You Forever. I was one of them, of course ^o^. I think every young girls back in that era had a huge crush on one of the boys, I was with Jonathan. Though he didn't sing and talk much, but somehow I was head over heels with him :) Young girls dream ... I watched their concert in Jakarta when they were here on 12 February 1992, it was my first concert .. and they were my first ever idol ..

They were then disband after the released their last album - Face the Music around 1994, it was said that Jonathan had a nervous breakdown and didn't wanna go through with the group, so they fell apart. They all went separate ways. Jordan and Joe keep their singing career and released few albums, Donnie went to acting, Jonathan went to real estate and not sure about Danny ...


- the boys dressed up for the 1990 American Music Award -
So now .. 15 years later, they are reuniting ... YEY!! They are coming with brand new album, new set of concerts and they have just released their new single "Summertime". All of you, a New Kids fans ... get ready. They are back .. hope they are coming here :)


- new single "Summer Time" -

- I miss them, hope they come here -

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i used to like them a lot when I was in school (i still have their old cassettes) but sadly have never seen them live cos they've never staged a concert in KL