Thursday 4 February 2010

Tear-breaker movie


Synopsis

This heartwarming true story is an American adaptation of a Japanese tale about a loyal dog named Hachiko. This very special friend would accompany his master to the train station every day and return each afternoon to greet him after work. Sadly his master departs one day, passes away and never returns to the station. Hachiko faithfully returns to the same spot at the station the very next day, and every day for the next nine years to wait for his beloved master. During his daily visits, Hachiko touches the lives of many who work near and commute through the town square. He teaches the local people love, compassion and above all unyielding loyalty. Today, a bronze statue of Hachiko sits in his waiting spot outside the Shibuya station in Japan as a permanent reminder of his devotion and love.


Personal note.


I'm still in-deciding whether to watch this movie or not, 'cos like Marley & Me this is movie is gonna be tear-breaker movie .. worse than Marley & Me for sure. Even by reading the synopsis plus knowing the true story, I already started to cry. So if I decided to watch this movie, I have to get ready with lots of tissue or even a bucket and baggy eyes when I come out.


I love dogs but the reason why I don't own dogs, other than I don't have the place to have it, I can't bear the feeling when I lose it .. dogs and their owner have a very strong emotional connection, so rather than experiencing those feeling over and over, I choose not to own one. Luckily my fave dog is Golden Retriever, which is quite a pity to own it in the tropical country like Indo ..




No comments: